“I’ve been waiting 14 years for these!” A Livio AI Story By AI_saacPI

14 years? Really? So what happened? 

When I was a little bitty baby my mother had concerns about my hearing. I wasn’t responding to sound and she was convinced that I was deaf. So… off I went to the audiologist for the relevant tests and passed all of them with flying colours – much to the bewilderment of my family. But, despite this, there we were busy learning British Sign Language, Cued Speech and anything else that caught my parents’ eye that might help me. 

After years of testing, still nothing was found, still registering with perfect hearing, and still not hearing well. Until…

My dad was given Livio AI hearing aids. “These are good son” (an honest albeit brief review).  So, we got in touch with Starkey’s, who referred me back to Claire Benton from the fabulous audiology team at Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, who agreed that Livio AI might just be the thing.

“This is good son” said my dad (in summary of 14 years of hearing problems and a potential solution).

The Plan

Claire Benton suggested that I use the Livio AI in class with the remote microphone attached to my teachers, thus avoiding distractions from my peers. Volume would only be increased by a relatively small amount in order to avoid damaging my ears. 

The result

My experience in classroom is pretty good actually and I’m experiencing more focussed listening without distractions and annoying peripheral noises are all but eliminated. 

“Good son” said my dad (in reference to my enhanced learning experiences).

So what else can they do…

Loads actually, a better question would be, what have I done with them so far? 

Translate…

I went to France for a few days. I think it is fair to say that my language skills are pretty poor, I’m more of a techy guy really but you know what – the translate from French to English was superb and really fast! I mean really good!

“Tres bon” said my dad (I think). 

I have done the obvious running around the garden to improve my thrive score and I am really enjoying the streaming function for old episodes of Dr Who on Netflix. But mostly…

The sound quality is astounding and whilst I expected it to sound like everything is going through a walkie-talkie, I was wrong! The sound is amazing, I really love them! I’ve only had them a few weeks but already I’m feeling the benefits. Stay tuned for more updates.

Finally a word from my dad…

“good” (I did say a word). 

Isaac

PS, next time I'll be telling you what the combination of Livio AI and Raspberry Pi can do!

Check out a few more words from my dad on the subject of LIvio AI here:
https://inews.co.uk/news/worlds-first-ai-enabled-hearing-aid-goes-on-sale-in-the-uk-livio-ai/


https://www.peoplefirsteducation.co.uk/my-livio-ai-hearing-aids-story-by-andrew-whitehouse-aged-52-½/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Voice From the Lockdown

The Beast